Thursday 29 May 2014

My Work Space

Ever since I started reading blogs, I've been so so jealous of everyone's lovely bedrooms and work spaces and offices. I live in a small-ish house with my parents as I'm still at sixth form and, unlucky, I have the smallest bedroom. This means that my room gets very messy very easily, I don't have enough room for all my belongings, and finding a place to work/write/blog is really, really hard. However, recently I found a small desk and cute swivelly chair in IKEA (for only £23 in total) which allowed me to create my little work corner! I decided to make it fit in with the poster/picture/college wall I already had, so I extended the area on to the other wall just as far as my desk and chair and I love it! It also kind of doubles up as a dressing table, so I have my make up bag and brushes on there too, which makes it quite busy but it's a kind of busy that I find surprisingly easy to cope with. So, I thought for today's post I could show you my little desk area, some of the cute storage I have, and tell you guys where I bought some of it. Without further ado, here it is!


Yes, I know it's kind of chaotic, but I really quite like it. 


Firstly there's my beloved Macbook Pro. I got this as a joint present last Christmas from the majority of my family- it was definitely worth not getting as many for! It's changed my life dramatically over these past few months, as my old laptop was in two pieces connected by a couple wires. Oops.



This is kind of the storage corner featuring my pretty candle holders (that I use for make up brushes/cables and headphones), one of the cute tins that I think are supposed to be for tea and coffee and whatnot, and the little jars I use for kirby grips/bobby pins and memory cards/usb sticks. I really do bring a whole new meaning to the "kitchen storage" of IKEA!


My desk has a cool little space at the back, which I keep my cameras in, along with my hard drive, blutack, and the smallest of my cute tins, this one filled with pens and pencils.


Finally, we have the corner which is just packed with cute things. At the back is just my make up bag and "happy jar" on a pile of notebooks, and at the front are the most adorable things I own- including my contact lens case and unicorn eraser. I also have three of my favourite candles, featuring this lovely apple one which is probably the best.

There we have it! It's the first time I've really showed my room on this blog, so I hope you enjoyed having a little nosey into my house. Do any of you have little work corners too?

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment